Sunday, April 5, 2009

Rubber ducky...did you know...




Here's a disappointing fact I just learned from my 'Natural Solutions' magazine: 
 
The iconic rubber ducky gets up to 50% of its weight from phthalates, chemicals linked to cancer, early onset puberty, and obesity.

I supposed I could've already guessed this but it's still disappointing and frustrating to learn the facts.  We have a friend who collects rubber duckies and finds joy in sharing them with our daughter.  As I've spoken of in an earlier post, we try to steer away from most plastic toys...but, hey, I'm not a Nazi about it, either.  No more playing with the dearly loved adorable ducky, though.  I need to be more alert and careful to what random objects she is choosing to play with.  Just a heads up for all you moms who care about this stuff....which is, I hope, all of you!


No comments: