Monday, October 27, 2008

Dedicated Unto the Lord


Vienne Juliet ~ 'alive and full of life'

(with our pastor at church)

"I pray that from His glorious, unlimited resources He will empower you with 
inner strength through His Spirit.  Then Christ will make His home in your 
heart as you trust in Him.  Your roots will grow down into God's love 
and keep you strong.  And may you have the power to understand, 
as all God's people should, how wide, how long, how high, and how deep 
His love is.  May you experience the love of Christ, though it is too great 
to understand fully.  Then you will be made complete with all 
the fullness of life and power that comes from God!" 
~Ephesians 3:16-19

Yesterday was Vienne's dedication at church.  This is the scripture passage that we chose for her when she was born - a prayer over her life and a reference to the meaning of her name. 'Full of life' - that my daughter surely is!
It is our prayer that we raise her to wholly love the Lord and to choose Him above all else. And, in this prayer and hope, I am reminded to ask myself if I do the same thing that I wish for my daughter?  I do wholly love the Lord.  But, do I choose Him above all else?  How dedicated have I been unto Him?  Do I fully understand 'how wide, how long, how high, and how deep His love truly is'??  A good question to ask every now and then.  

1 comment:

momstheword said...

I, too, am a new blogger and a believer in our Lord. Pleased to "meet" you! Your daughter is absolutely precious and I enjoyed reading about her birth. Love her name too!