Wednesday, January 21, 2009

a rare treasure, I am


I read a beautiful devotion in the 'Daily Bread' the other morning.  It has stuck with me.  I thought I would share.
The focus was on Psalm 139.

"For You formed my inward parts; You covered me in my mother's womb.  I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; marvelous are Your works, and that my soul knows very well.  My frame was not hidden from You, when I was made in secret, and skillfully wrought in the lowest parts of the earth.  Your eyes saw my substance, being yet unformed."

There was a quote in this devotional that I just loved:

"...I would rather be what God chose to make me than the most glorious creatures that I could think of.  For to have been thought about - born in God's thoughts - and then made by God, is the dearest, grandest, most precious thing in all my thinking."

What a beautiful reminder this is, is it not?  To 'have been thought about...born in God's thoughts...and then made by Him' ... how could we stoop so low to criticize His wonderful workmanship.  God was intentional with us.  God was intentional with me
To be honest, I haven't really been struggling with insecurity for awhile now (what victory that is!)...but I am a woman.  I have my moments.  When I scour at the new pimple on my face...or frown at the extra pooch on my belly...or roll my eyes at a new picture I see of myself ... I will try and remember this. 

I was intended. 
I am lovely.
I am loved.

And, so are you.

1 comment:

Julie Kohl said...

Beautiful reminder....